Hey Everyone!

Reapt

In Runtime
How's it going! I'm a 24 year old male that currently works as IT for a bank. I do IT security , Network Administration, Programming. I also have a B.S. degree in Computer Information Systems. I'm joining this community in hopes I can learn more and discuss the things I love. Everything Tech! ;) It's good to be here!

Welcome! I'm currently finishing my BSc degree in Comp science :) Any tips for job interviews?

Be prepared! If its listed on your resume it will be brought up. Be ready to prove you aren't lying. Research the company. A common question is "Do you know what we do?" You may be interviewing for IT but trust me the company will be so much more than that. Also its a good practice to bring a list questions for them. "Whats a typical day like in this position?", "What's the culture like?", etc. Goodluck man! It's a rough world out there! :) I'm here for help if you need me!

I concur on the list of questions but so far every position in IT I've interviewed for had more BS questions for me than anything.

I can agree to this too. I interviewed for a web developer position and the questions they asked me were unconventional to say the least. "What is something you believed in so much you had to stand up for it", and "Have you ever had to stand up to a friend for something you thought was right?". Those might sound easy... but they aren't when they are sitting in front of you and throw you curve balls like that. Long story short i didn't get the job lol.

Back
Top Bottom