Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
Hi, I've been in tech forums for almost 2 months now, and I never got to introduce myself because I just noticed the forum yesterday. Anyways I am 15 a sophomore and I live in Maine (part of New England). I love computers, what got me into computers were to big things: 1) My parents have always been into computer they ran a computer shop back in the 80's, the only desktop computer we have that was wasn't custom was made by Compaq and my father needed a desktop fast. The other big thing was Maine although it may not have that much money or may not have the biggest population is keeping up with technology very well. All middle schools have laptops for each student and in 4 years all high school students will have laptops. My high school also keeps up with computers pretty well, we don't have laptops for every student but we have 12 -14 carts that each have 24 laptops on them and then a couple of computer labs with some good desktops. I am on a student tech team at school (class is a joke) it is the first time it has been taught at the school.

I love music I am mainly into Rock, bands like Pink Floyd, ACDC, Gun's n' roses, Green day. I like the Boston Celtics, NE patriots, Red sox, and basically all the new England sport's teams. I love video games and a lot of online games, right now I'm into call of duty 4, halo 3, oblivion (not online but still amazing) and gears of war. I also like doing web design but I haven't been doing much with that lately, I took a quarter class at my school (classes are 79 Mins long so a quarter class is equal to a semester class at many other school) on web design with dream weaver, and my latest website is Duo Trio Xbox and Xbox 360 Glitches - Home it is a xbox 360 website that has some videos on glitching in halo 2. Currently I am saving for a new computer so I can get off this Celeron that I have been on for almost 3 years, next year I am hoping to take a class called PC servicing it is being taught at a tech center located near my school and if I get an 86%+ average in the class I can get certified in something, can't remember what it is.

Thanks for your time,
35g700

I think I need to add an infraction for people who get around to introducing themselves after they have been here longer than a month... Nah.

Here's a late but sincere welcome.

Be glad your school offers a lot of tech. My high school offered one computer course, and offered it for the first time my senior year. I took it and ended up teaching our teacher. Of course, I graduated in 1986, so...

interesting... my tech teacher taught one of the kids on the tech team that works for the school... She talks about the days when it was all command line and GUI's where thought of as almost impossible... its amazing how much computers have came in 20-25 years. I also think it is kind of interesting that the guy that was taught my my current tech teacher still uses command line in Linux because it is a lot faster to navigate once you get used to it, but it makes sense.

*edit* I have a Compaq laptop from about 1986 or so it has DOS on it and windows 3.1... Its fun to play around with the old versions of things like paint, word and other old programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom