Help Needed for a research project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locateym

Beta member
hi everyone,
as I couldn't figure out how to post a new thread somewhereelse, I'll post it here.

Currently, I am working in a team on a research project at Vienna University of Business and Economics about a new and innovative technology. Our goal is to find as many fields of application as possible. We'd like to get some feedback from you guys since we've already seen at lot of great ideas and suggestions in this particular forum.

Basically, our technology would help you to find like-minded people or things you've always wanted but never had the time to search for. You could benefit by simply taking a walk and you'd get notified immediately whenever there is an opportunity arising. You wouldn't have to be actively involved once you've stated your preferences on an online platform. The main focus of this technology is put on bringing people with the same interests together through matching their (internet) profiles.
How would you use this technology? Can you think of any situations where you might use it? How could you benefit from using this technology? Do you know other people who'd be interested to use it, too? What kind of platforms do you think should be offering such services?

We'd really appreciate any comments or suggestions!
Thanks in advance!

It sounds like your wanting to find a way to conveniently SPAM people for your own profit.

Locateym said:
new and innovative technology

"new and innovative technology" doesn't make it "Good or Useful" for the population.

I suggest finding a completely different field of study if your wanting to become a valued member of society.

So what your saying is that you want to make a mobile phone app that is always connected using people's data up and costing them more money. Just so you can "search" for like people with interests like any social website would do.

If people have the time to fill out your online profile, they have the time to search for these things themselves. Sorry but true.

I see this as trying to do what MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter are already doing. Trying to compete with these companies for something that people can do on their own isnt going to get you anywhere. I know i personally wouldnt use it and i dont see a need or want for it. Why join your service when i can join the largest social website in the world and do what your offering? your technology wont be new, you will just try to present it a different way.

well, there is a little bit difference to the existing services... there is no own plattform. for example, the technology is offered here on techist.com. as a user of this plattform you only need to indicate your interests or things you are looking for. there will be a profile matching running in the background and whenever whereever there is a person with same interests or the thing close to you, you will be informed by text message. and you can active/deactivate whenever you want...
so, you don't have to search actively, what you only have to do is to indicate your interests in your profile and everything else will be done automaticalley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom