Hello! From yet another newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgicPrototype

Beta member
I was just looking for a forum with everything tech related, this is what came up first on google, so i went to and it looks great! im in high school and am interested in possible going into the computer science field. I am interested in programming but really only know very very preliminary stuff about it. I also like video games (I have a 360) my favorites being oblivion, fallout 3 , madden, fable, halo. So just saying hello (since it was recommended) and wondering if anyone has any advice on what to focus on and good places to start since i am interested in computer science as a possible career track. Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum. I have taken some computer science, (infact i am take it this semester as well). I don't really like it, programming is just not going to be my future lol.

Welcome to the forum. I have taken some computer science, (infact i am take it this semester as well). I don't really like it, programming is just not going to be my future lol.

hmmm, well thats a bit discouraging to hear. It really intrigues me though, and you can really do so much with (web design, software, video games) which is why it interests me. what dont you like about it?

^im just not into it. I mean i find it fairly easy, but it does not interest me to sit at a computer for hours typing some big long spew of characters to do something. HTML for website's is different, i don't mind that because you can test as you go and see your work and adjust things on the fly...

I have found that I don't think abstract enough to make sense out of object-oriented programming. What time I spent with Java could have been better spent on more productive things... like watching paint dry. :D I did it and did good at it, but it isn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom