Hello From Silesia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Hello,
My hande is Silesia. My real name is Daniel.

For most of my life, i have been using computers.

PRIMARY SCHOOL (1984-1989)
Back then, i was 1 of 2 student in my school that actually had a computer at home. Because of that, I was doing lot of my school work on computer. It was only an Apple IIe, with word processor, how ever, some of the teacher thought that i had an unfair advantage. I think it was something to do with the fact that I came up with a program in BASIC that would write and print out my lines.
Toward the end of primary, computers where begining to become more common, however most of the students where mainly using them for games machines more than any thing else.

HIGH SCHOOL(1990-1995)
DIE HARD MAC USER. My father purchased himself 2 Macs. I was using one of them for a lot of my work again. By this stage, computer where really common. How ever, I was one of the few Mac users in the school. Because of this, I was involved on the high school Computer Commitee for a few years as they were going to be purchasing some Macs for the students to use.
Towards the end of high school I was about to get into farming as had an oportunity with my god farther.

COLLAGE (1996)
The opportunity with my god farther sort of fissled out when he involved me with this Wine and LifeSytle Magazine. How ever, during the time, was assisting in some of the desktop page lay outs.
When I was not in the office, i was in the office, I was studying business. By second semester, it found that the course I was in was not my bag.
I met an old freind that was in the computers class. And after what he told me, I became more and more dis-interested in business.

COLLAGE (1997-8)
The wine and lifestyle magazine was still keeping busy as I was more involved with the page layouts.
During this time, I migrated over from Mac to PC. The magazine was having some financal problems, and i was "given" the PC as payment for my services.
As for collage. Getting in the computer course has tricky. It's high demand. And it since I did not study computers in the final years in high school, this did limit my chances of getting in. Thankfully, the people at the wine and lifestyle magazine where able to pull some strings. 2 years later, I complete my TAFE Acc. Dip. Information Technology Lvl 4 : PC and Network Support.

WORKING LIFE Job 1 (1999 to 2001)
The wine magazine was good to work at, but the pay was $#!+. I needed another job. So I found one at a really dodgy computer store down in Sydney, Pyrmount. The boss was a crook, but I persisted anyways for about 2 1/2 years.
I was mainly there for the expereince. And in did give my most of my hands on computer knowledge.

WORKING LIFE Job 2 (2001)
A big courier mess up here. I move into the small tech support position. The company was small where it was Me, The Boss and the Tech Support guys at the other end of the country. Since the boss had a short temper and NO COMPUTER knowledge, and the lack of training that was avalable for the software that I was supporting, it did make the job really tough. Especially when you are dealing with a Point Of Sales System with more holes than a flyscreen in the program.
I left that job after 3 month. Not sure if it was the stress and lack of support, or if was because the boss threatened to put a contract on my head with that one.

WORKING LIFE Job 3 (2001 to Current)
Moved into the job where i finally feel we I belong. It started off as a whole business (still is in some ways today). But due to some of the changed in the market where the margins are becoming thinner and thinner, we have been forcusing more on the end user.
Currently, I work as Sales / Purchasing / Techie / Storeman at a computer were house. My current employeer is really cool. And since then it been the best job that I have been in.

I prefer the use Windows based computer system. I have been playing around with Linux. As for Mac..... I am still trying to work how I was able to use them for so long in the first place (then again, it could be because my dad get Cheap stuff all the time)
My attitude towards operating systems and computers is that "provided that the computer does the job you need/want it to do, it does not matter what size, shape or flavour that the computer is". I really bore quickly with any one that argues with me about one computer is better than another.

I tend to use computer quite heavly for work and for games. I am a heavy UT2K3 player. I am play Ragnarok Online when I have nothing better to do.

I also do not mind sharing my computer experinces with other so I can help them out.

And that is about it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom