HELLO! PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSkilla

Beta member
Hey guys. I'm only 15 and I'm hoping to be apart of Geek Squad when I turn 16 as a "trouble-shooter."

These are the qualifications:

- Experience with DOS, Windows 9x/ME/2000/XP/Vista or Apple MacOS
- Troubleshooting of Operating Systems and Internet connection issues
- Knowledge of computer hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting
- Software installations and upgrading
- Can install / troubleshoot all computer-related devices (video, sound, modem, printer, scanner, camera, etcetera.)
- Have the ability to research online and work through problems
- At least 16 years of age

I want to learn a lot about this stuff so that I can someday be a trouble shooter. If anyone is willing to help me and test me and stuff like that, I'd really appreciate. I'm currently under Windows XP operating system and my dad has a Vista 64 bit desktop. I am in a magnet program where we use Apple Mac OS stuff. I can do a little bit, if you're interested in helping me, please message me. Thanks.

Welcome to T-F :thumbsup:

Experience in dealing with situations like these is what matters. Testing really doesn't do much because real world situations are largely different. I rarely encounter two problems that are exactly the same. Every computer has a different configuration causing different problems etc etc.

I learned most of what I know by messing with my own desktop and fixing and trouble shooting computers of friends and family.

You learn a lot by building your own machine, if you haven't yet. It helps out a lot with both hardware and software troubleshooting because you install all the programs yourself (for the most part) so you know what's where and what it does.

Reading through these forums is also a very educational experience. There are a wide range of subjects for just about everything in every operating system.

Good luck with the future job :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom