Hello from Ontario!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WireSlinger

Beta member
New member here.
I think I was a member of this forum years and years ago, though I don't remember what handle I went by. I see a few familiar names though.
Was also looking for TechOnVent, another site that was [sort of] affiliated with Tech-Forums back in the day, but it seems they fell off the edge of the interwebs.

I install large-scale IP video for a living. Because of the small size of my company, I do everything from running wire to installing/setting up servers, and setting up video analytic software. I also do some security systems, parking gates, card access control, voice/data, and even some home audio/video installs - so I have a pretty wide skillset. I'm thinking about getting Network+ and CCNA, though that has been sidetracked by my work paying for me to study to get my CFAA fire-alarm inspection certification (boring, but MUCH better pay).

As for hardware - I recently lost my main PC (motherboard died and took the PSU - or the other way around, not sure what happened), so my only system right now is a 21" quad-core iMac (using BOOTCAMP). I'm not sure what the mentality here is for the platform thing, but hopefully you guys hold off the pitchforks and torches.

Anyway, I'm hopeful for some welcomes!

TOV eventually imploded after it struck out on its own. Afew who were here then there are still around, though.

Does the user handle "WorldIndustries" ring a bell? That account and yours have very similar email addresses (different domains). WorldIndustries IP addresses are all from Newfoundland.

Let me know if that is your old account and I can merge them for you. ;)

Hi Trotter, yes that was my account.

I would almost rather you delete that account, TBH. I try to keep more professional these days, a clean slate would be nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom