Hello from Ontario! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Hello from Ontario!

New member here.
I think I was a member of this forum years and years ago, though I don't remember what handle I went by. I see a few familiar names though.
Was also looking for TechOnVent, another site that was [sort of] affiliated with Tech-Forums back in the day, but it seems they fell off the edge of the interwebs.

I install large-scale IP video for a living. Because of the small size of my company, I do everything from running wire to installing/setting up servers, and setting up video analytic software. I also do some security systems, parking gates, card access control, voice/data, and even some home audio/video installs - so I have a pretty wide skillset. I'm thinking about getting Network+ and CCNA, though that has been sidetracked by my work paying for me to study to get my CFAA fire-alarm inspection certification (boring, but MUCH better pay).

As for hardware - I recently lost my main PC (motherboard died and took the PSU - or the other way around, not sure what happened), so my only system right now is a 21" quad-core iMac (using BOOTCAMP). I'm not sure what the mentality here is for the platform thing, but hopefully you guys hold off the pitchforks and torches.

Anyway, I'm hopeful for some welcomes!

Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Hello from Ontario!

Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz Gigabyte x58a-ud3r EVGA 970 SC Corsair H100 Corsair hx520 3x2gb OCZ Gold Corsair 650D
Woohoo = L5639 @3.1Ghz EVGA SR-2 gtx 260-216 Hyper 212+ Corsair 1050hx 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 Blackhawk Ulra
Alienware 18 - SLI 770M 4700mq 16Gig

Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

TOV eventually imploded after it struck out on its own. Afew who were here then there are still around, though.

Does the user handle "WorldIndustries" ring a bell? That account and yours have very similar email addresses (different domains). WorldIndustries IP addresses are all from Newfoundland.

Let me know if that is your old account and I can merge them for you.

Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / EVGA GTX 760 2GB
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB / WD Red 3TB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win7 Ult 64-bit - Func MS3 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hi Trotter, yes that was my account.

I would almost rather you delete that account, TBH. I try to keep more professional these days, a clean slate would be nice.
Closed Thread

« hello all | Hello! »