Hello from OH

techdad

Beta member
Currently I'm working as a field service tech but looking to make the jump into the IT world. I'm looking forward to learning from some experienced techies.

I'm a service tech for a small scale company. Doing basic maintenance and calibration on scales of every type and size, as well as some networking and printer issues.

I'm a service tech for a small scale company. Doing basic maintenance and calibration on scales of every type and size, as well as some networking and printer issues.

Ok, so you do work in IT, I was confused as you said you want to get into IT world?

Scales is a kind of one foot in one foot out deal when it comes to IT, there are newer scales that requires knowledge about electronics and programs and different printers, but there's still a lot of mechanical scales (big truck/forklift scales) I want to focus on getting my A+ cert to be a pc tech

Scales is a kind of one foot in one foot out deal when it comes to IT, there are newer scales that requires knowledge about electronics and programs and different printers, but there's still a lot of mechanical scales (big truck/forklift scales) I want to focus on getting my A+ cert to be a pc tech

Welcome to the forums bud. I hope we prove to be useful .. :) ..

Nice. I do pretty much the same thing. I am a field service tech , servicing POS systems in grocery stores. I cover everything involved in the POS (CPU, printer, scanner/scale, monitors, keyboard/touchscreen, servers, networking, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom