Hello, I need some advice.

Damurack

Beta member
Hello,
I am in need of some advice.
I am 31 years old. I have spent most of my professional life in labor work, with an occasional job here and there involving computer sales/ repairs. I went to college for a year with the goal of computer engineering in mind, however I had to drop out when I could no longer afford tuition.
I was injured at the beginning of January at work, and after many months of treatment, (surgery, phys therapy, etc...), it is coming to the point where I am going to be living without the ability to walk unaided for a long time, if not permanently.
I have a wife and son, so all of my income goes to the household, (which isn't much), and school isn't in the picture currently. With the disability laws, I won't likely be getting disability. So, in the need to be able to take care of my family, I need to learn a new skillset.
I have an interest in web development and networking. I would like your opinions on if either of these paths have a likely possibility of fitting my situation, and if they are possible to achieve since I am going to have to do this by self study.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Web development definitely would (or any kind of programming really - I sit in a cubicle 8 hours a day coding - not really moving anywhere). Networking...that'd be kinda iffy. Depends on what the company has for networking positions - some have positions that have installation and configuration the same job, which requires mobility (for the most part). Some companies may have positions for configuration/maintenance for networks.

Back
Top Bottom