Hello Everyone! School and Product Questions.

Pens0713

Beta member
How's everyone doing? I am new to using computer/tech forums, so hopefully I'll gain some general knowledge about this field and products. I do not have much IT experience, but I have the typical daily use of computer; social media, some gaming, school work etc.

I recently started school to get into the IT field, currently I'm going for a Bachelor's in Information Security Systems with a concentration in Cyber Security.

Just looking for some advice; do you think that may be a little too much to take on at first since I don't have much of an IT background, and looking around it seems like some of those jobs require at least 3-5 years experience. Would it be more practical to just go for general IT just to get a feel for all the different aspects of the field?

Also it's almost that time to purchase a new laptop. I've made this Dell last for 5 years including two deployments, and I think it might be close to the end. Any good recommendations for brands, websites, general information would be much appreciated. Again the main use of the computer is going to be for internet, some gaming, social media, school work, and whatever programs I need to download in order to complete the IT classes.

If you guys can help out I'd appreciate it.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom