Hello Everyone - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2019, 05:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Hello Everyone

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums. Had a little bit of problem signing up for the forums but the support is really agile and active. Anyhow, I am relatively new to technology and I am working for an IT company which has different things to offer. Anyhow, to cut it short I really need to learn a lot of things and I am just a "noob" at this before I go any further. I actually have signed up here for getting help from your experience.

P.s. is it okay to consider leaving this job?

Old 04-10-2019, 05:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Hello Everyone

Always ok to consider leaving a job, specially if it ends up not being your thing! Don't give up too early tho

Welcome to the forums

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well I am trying whatever I can..can't even express what the hell is going on around here. I ust know that I have to be on this job until I find a new one and it's really irritating to be someone who can't hack it. I mean this is so going to be a mess on my resume. I left a permanent job for this unstable one. How stupid I can be?
Old 04-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

At least you are getting a check man, I wouldn't leave without having another firmly lined up or at least do some interviews first at other places. One in the hand two in the bush you know, always good to be employed.

There is a guy on youtube, professormesser, who has computer videos online that teach you the vocab and what everything is, how it goes together, how it does not go together, in context of a class to pass comptia certification.

He's great, no offense meant but he dumbs everything down and has video and photos of everything on the test.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks for the suggestion. I have just been sitting idle at times, and that is not good. I feel disappointed even for being here because I know it's not my thing and I am wasting my time at the current place and their time too. I have been trying really hard for getting started but this is not working and it's just so frustrating that I am not able to do this. These things take learning and most of all, the targets that have been set for me are not that big of a target, they are easily attainable but I dont know where to start from. I am sitting blank and trying to think of a way that can save my job..I didnt come here to get out, I came here to flourish and that's where I have fallen. I feel so dumb, at times.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

"if you don't like your job you don't quit! You just go in everyday and do it really half-assed. That's the American way!" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Hello There, I'm Pawan and I'm also new here, Nice to meet you all.

Tags
cloud technology, informationtechnology, work