Hello all

yue0707

Beta member
Greetings everyone! I'm Cullen, im currently stationed in Pendleton out in California. I love everything that has to do with computers (and cars). My favorite OS is Linux (mint and debian) and i aspire to create my own group that develops security & networking solutions for mobile devices (android and ubuntu phone). I'm far from it but that's my current dream goal if you will.

Now, i'm in search for some desperate advice on career planning for getting into the Database/Network admin field (along with linux). However, i don't even have my A+ yet (working on it) and i have no idea what direction to follow. I'm getting out of the Marines soon (like 1-2 months from now) and plan on going on unemployment and using my GI Bill (i get 50% tuition coverage) and i was thinking of attending Cisco academy to get my CCNA and CCENT before hoping into the job market. Every employer seems to want some kind of experience too, i'm not sure where to hop on to for that.. Help desk maybe? Any help would be great here is what i am looking into. And no i have no military experience in computer's i'm a truck driver i just love computers all my life.

Here's a website of my current first step career:
http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/15-1141.00

Thanks in advance everyone

BTW if im posting in the wrong section please warn me and i will move it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom