Hello

kalessi

In Runtime
Hey guys pretty new to these forums....Have already received a lot of help. I plan on learning alot from this forum! As you can tell by all my questions on the forums I still have alot to learn...but one day I would like to work in the Tech field...Im currently taking Networking classes at my local community college getting my AAS in networking...I've taking quite a bit of classes with computers and tech but lack the hands on...Im pretty good with Routers and switches because that is the main focus at my school but really need to learn more about the actual hardware and software of a computer...soooo much to learn so little time ahhhhh!!! :eek:

If you don't have any responsibilities outside of school and still live with a parent or guardian, then be sure to take advantage of all that delicious free time you have after you finish your homework to gain an edge over your classmates!

Welcome to Tech-Forums :)

What have you learned to do so far in your networking classes?

If you don't have any responsibilities outside of school and still live with a parent or guardian, then be sure to take advantage of all that delicious free time you have after you finish your homework to gain an edge over your classmates!
I wish someone had told me this when I was 15 or 16 (I'm 21 now). I wasn't exactly wasting my time, since I've always been a tech hobbyist which is more useful than, say, playing CoD. But all those thousands of hours that could've been spent on studying networking or programming or whatever...

Yeah I'm 22 now and also wish I was doing things better with my time than video games..... Now I'm stuck at working at a factory full time and going to school part time.... But I've learned a lot of basic stuff In networking like subneting and a signing vlans..... Different security stuff..... Are you going to school?

But I've learned a lot of basic stuff In networking like subneting and a signing vlans..... Different security stuff..... Are you going to school?

Sounds like you're learning a decent amount of stuff in that case. You should be well covered for doing something like Network+ or similar if you ever wanted to.

I just finished my BSc in Ethical Hacking and Network Security and am starting the Masters of the same in October. Also planning on doing Security+ in January.

Yeah I'm 22 now and also wish I was doing things better with my time than video games..... Now I'm stuck at working at a factory full time and going to school part time.... But I've learned a lot of basic stuff In networking like subneting and a signing vlans..... Different security stuff..... Are you going to school?

Nope, already graduated! Though my degree isn't the most useful thing in the world.

Last edited:
What's your degree?

I have a bachelor's in economics with a "specialization" in computing. I would say the only practical benefit of studying economics is that you go over cost-benefit analysis, opportunity cost, and sunk cost so often that you consciously apply these concepts when making decisions and become slightly better at it as a result (though some may argue it's just common sense).

Back
Top Bottom