Greetings from Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nietzer

Beta member
Hi. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm 17 years old, and I've been using the computer since I was 2 years old. I'm not kidding, my parents would sit me in the computer and make me do stuff. I learned reading and writing from the computer too before I learned in on paper, which is why I have a terrible calligraphy I guess.

When I was little I always said I would study software engineering, computer science or something like that, but never got to actually learn the stuff. I'm very keen on philosophy, but I don't want to study that, I would actually like to combine my skills in both very different fields and research about the man-computer relation, that it's in other words the man-technology relation. I even won a literary contest with a story about a man-computer symbiosis.

Thing is, I'm 17 already and never started actually programming something! I feel like it was late and I get answers like "you only start learning real stuff in college" but that's not true, most programmers seem to start when they are 12 years old or something like that. The only advantage is that I can read fluently in English and I learned that on my own, getting involved in forums related to philosophy.

Anyhow, I have a question for you if you don't mind: when did you start programming?

Hey, welcome to the forums!
I guess I started when I was ~14 I guess. Started getting books out at the local library on Python, C++, Basic, QBasic, HTML, etc.
I'm 19 now and I reckon I can program efficiently in at least 10 languages lol. It's really not that hard to learn once you grasp the basics of just one (well, mebbe two. Like C# and Python) programming languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom