Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. R

Solid State Member
Hi everyone. I'm a part/short-time PC Gamer and video game indie dev. I'm 17 and I live in Oregon, the state of computers and democrats! :D

About mef XD:
I've been using my laptop with windows 2k OS for a few years ago at 13 before I got my first Custom-built gamer's PC a couple years back. I am writing this post on my new windows XP (1.5Ghz P4) laptop, so now we have 2 laptops.

Computer knowledge is above average, I am not a studier of it though. I do want to be a programmer. In that case, I lack at the hardware knowledge of computers but I'm good with the software part.
I just joined this forum in case I need any help. We have 4 computers at our house: An eMac, Scorpio PC, and 2 IBM Thinkpads (T-20 and T-40).

I'm thinking about posting a problem with my BIOS on my PC. The person I bought the computer from said I need the power box replaced. I'm thinking I will ask if I can change my AMIBIOS to a fast-loading one but I probably cannot.
I hope I can get a good greeting here. I'll mainly only be here for the bad hardware problems.

Off topic:
Well, I have the A: floppy drive showing up on my PC but I don't have a physical floppy drive (as far as I know) Is this virtual or is this to trick the old BIOS into booting from it or something?
Thanks for replies on this, I dunno which category this would go in. (hardware/software)

Hello,

Welcome.gif

to Tech-Forums!

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom