Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soleth

Solid State Member
Soleth here. Just signed up, and am looking forward to reading and learning stuff. I'm not new to the computer world and have been using computers since the age of 14. I'm 28 years old now. Since graduation from high school I didn't know where I was going to go and quickly got into the grind of keeping a job to survive. After 10 years of manufacturing and automotive jobs, finally I realize what I want to do in life.

I have been fixing computers for colleagues at work and own about six computers myself, 3 that are my network and 3 that are spare parts etc. If it wasn't obvious that I had an interest in computers, just call me stupid. But anyway, I am now trying to get government funding through our state unemployment office to go to school and get an Associates degree in information technology. I am mostly interested in A+/Networking/Security side of IT, but I also enjoy problem solving software and operating systems.

Since my job is in danger and the plant I work at is scheduled to close sometime before 2008 or early 2009, I have to get into something else. It would seem that all the factories where I live are moving south or outsourcing their work. :freak:

Soleth.

Welcome! Nice story too. I'm glad I found my interest in computers last year, so now since I just applied for colleges last week, I was able to choose ones that had good IT programs and computer science, so that I can get right into my field of interest.

Hello,

Welcome.gif

to Tech-Forums!

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom