Greeting & Salutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

enGRAVEr

Baseband Member
Hi all, my call sign is enGRAVEr. This is the same name I use in almost every Comp Forum and Game I play.

I enjoy building PC's and learning as much as I can in the IT field. I have build somewhere around 60 PC's in the last 3 years and the below signature is my latest. At current, I have 4 people waiting for me to build them a new PC.

I am a PC enthusiast who performs Damage Control functions at work, (the U.S. Navy). Damage Control is a rate that trains crew members in the arts of Fire Fighting and maintains the gear vital to successful firefighting. I have been in for right at 13 years now; I have been on 4 ships and one shore command. I have been into computers really big now for almost 6 years. My first computer that I built was a P-III 500 which I thought was nice. The next one I built for myself was a P-4 2.4 800 FSB. This one was designed to be reliable in high temperature areas so I could use it while onboard a ship where air conditioning was not certain. It performed admirably and was 100% reliable during my most recent deployment. The one I utilize as my primary now will have to have a couple of MODS prior to taking it into that environment.

I really enjoy playing high demanding games on my PC to test the setups I have put together, and so far they have held up rather nicely.

The games I enjoy playing include, but are not limited to:
_Counter Strike 1 & Source, on and offline, (Half Life also)
_Command & Conquer Generals and expansions,
_The Star Wars series,
_Never Winter nights,
_Axis & Allies,
_Battle Field 1942, Vietnam, and expansions,
_Earth 2150 (Old, but sometimes old is good to a degree,
_War Hammer 40K, Dawn of War,
_Diablo II,
_Star Craft,

There are a lot of games, but these seem to be the most common, I used to belong to a CS Clan in Pensacola while I was stationed there, but now I freelance. They disbanded right before I left. Since deployment my skills have dropped quite a bit, I am working at getting them built back up though.

I always enjoy chatting with people about new PC news and ideas, and at the current time I am putting together a heat sink combination that uses no water but gives results very close to such, or at least I hope it will. It uses a combination of Heat Pipes, a Therma-Sink heat sink base, and at the current I am designing a radiator strictly for use with the setup. All I can really say right now is wind tunnels are very interesting. Most of my parts have been donated to me for the trials, and when I am satisfied with the results I shall post them. Between the Navy and my home life, time is short so there is sometimes a week or two where I do not even look at the equipment.

Well, that is pretty much my intro, hope someone finds it a little interesting. So long, see you in the Forums, and possibly a game.

Thanks shuaibao. Nothing really interesting about me, but if someone wanted to know me just a little, there it is.

Welcome...I think your sig is a little big, and before you get sigs rights revoked you might want to lower the size of it a bit.

New sig any better?

Does the modified one look better? I just shortened the lines, and modified a couple of things.

Wasn't sure how big the Sig could be, but now that it has been mentioned I think it was crazy of me to make it so many lines. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom