getting a computer soon, so getting involved. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default getting a computer soon, so getting involved.

Hey tech forums!

The name is Gordon and I live in Texas and I love it cept I am trying to avoid being burned alive right now, these wild fires have been absolutely devastating. Anyho, I will be buying me a computer pretty soon, possibly around christmas so all the specials are on I am currently looking into a powerhouse laptop that will satisfy ALL my needs, I have little interest in a desktop alothough cheaper, I do not want to loose that mobility. So, got any questions just PM me, otherwise I hope to get to know this community well and all just have a gold ole time.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: getting a computer soon, so getting involved.

Leave it till February b4 u buy one... Prices are high at christmas, then EVERYBODY goes shopping in January for the sales... THEN they drop the prices in Feb!

Also... I dont know whats worse... our weather or fires... I live in scotland and we have 75mph winds outside just now and some pretty horriffic rain! You couldnt light a candle out there today never mind a fire! also... its illegal to smoke in public places, so we have to stand outside in it to cure the cravings... As if we didnt have enough to worry about with cancer, Bad breath and lung disease... Now we have hypothermia, pnemonia and falling trees to worry about too!! lol

Old 09-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Well, I guess I'm real glad I live in New Hampshire. 70's, sunny, no wind, no bugs, no humidity.

As far as your Laptop/Desktop thoughts, remember with a power house laptop, your mobility isn't really 'mobility'. Your mobility is limited to wherever you can find a power outlet. Also with a laptop you lose a lot of power, mostly it's the graphics end you loose out on, so keep that in mind.

other than that, enjoy your stay here, it is a great community!!!
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n

Welcome to the forums Gordon.

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Closed Thread

« Hello | Jo »