game controllers - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie
Default game controllers

im new to pc gaming. i have a windows 7 64 bit pc with 1 tb hdd and 6 gigs memory. i only have 64 mgs video, but i went into bios and put it at 128mg {the max}. im mainly interested in first person shooter and classic arcade games. i tried a game called star trek d.a.c. and it ran smooth. should i buy a video card, any recommendations? also any suggestions on a good inexpensive wired game controller? sorry for the long winded questions thanks

Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!
Default Re: game controllers

welcome to tf! it sounds like you're running onboard graphics, and if you're going to want to play any newer games than a GPU upgrade is definitely something you should look into. As far as controllers go, there is the xbox 360 controller that you can get for PC which is probably the best in my opinion. Logitech has some other options, but as far as controllers go I would just get an xbox 360 one.

If you're going to upgrade your GPU you should make a new thread in the upgrading PC section, and make sure to include some info about the computer, links or parts if you know/have them, and what games you want to play, monitor size you're playing on, etc.

Again welcome to TF and enjoy your stay
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Closed Thread