Decided to return to the computer building hobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zefrik

Solid State Member
Hey everybody here on the Tech Forums. I decided I would join the forum to re-learn much about pc's that I have forgotten since I last built my on computer. I have been thinking about building and/or upgrading my computer, and just going on to websites such as Newegg and Tigerdirect it seems like things have changed a little bit while I was on my break from the tech/computer world. I can't quite remember when it was that I first started learning about putting together computer hardware to make a fully functioning computer but I know at the time the top level graphics card was a GTX8800. But anyway I will post my specs so you can see how dated my computer is. (if I can even Rember!)

Intel Q8400 GHz
XfX 750i Motherboard
4gb ddr2 ram (don't know brand)
XfX HD 5770 Graphics Card
Western Digital Blue Caviar 500gb (can't remember rpm)
Corsair H50 Liquid Cooling System
DVD/RW (no name)
500watt no name power supply

I used to have an HD 4890 but it was acting weird so XfX replaced it but it was a different model and required an 8 pin pci-e connector which I did not have. I tried getting a molex to 8 pin adapter but was nervous to use it.

Well have fun I guess! Ihave just recently started learning about builds and building PC's myself so enjoy and welcome to the forums :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom