Currently attending community college as a CNT major

Lionux

Solid State Member
Well where should I begin? I am currently going to a community college as a computer network tech. major. I am getting great grades all As and A+s and I can tell that my professor sees potential. After I finish my AS. I am planning on going to a SUNY IT school to attain a masters degree.

I like programming quite a bit but the field of networking excites me much more. I love the thought of being responsible for an entire subnet or possibly an entire building. I am currently thinking about learning python or perhaps another language that would be good for my career choice.

Some things I would like to know:

The types of tools I will need hands down for my career.
What and how I should be studying (please do not say go learn what you need for MSCE or CNA etc. I do not learn this way.)
I would also like to know what makes the difference between making 70,000 as a network professional and making 120,000.
One final thing; what sort of prices should I charge for setting up home networks, troubleshooting network problems or any other sort of day to day problems I might see?

Thanks for all help and posts!

Some input or a welcome to the forums would be nice. I just joined the forum and it seems to be a bit baron.

Back
Top Bottom