Complete Setup Required - Advice Please!!
Im looking for some advice, im about to invest some money upgrading a current MacBook which is getting on a bit.
The score is that I have a new baby due in September and plan to record as much footage as possible on a new DSLR I have just bought (Canon 550D)
The 80gb on my macbook is already full, so im thinking as follows:
- Buy an 21.5 inch iMac (not sure which one), and use it as my 'base' piece of kit, if that makes sense.
- Buy an iPad and hopefully link then so I can view photoes/music/video that is stored on the iMac - is this possible/sensible?
- I have an Iphone so that will link into the whole lot.
- Then I have the current Macbook - is it easy to upgrade that to the latest software?
- Finally, I would love to get a setup going where I can stream music around the house from the base unit (whatever it might be).
My budget for the whole lot is £2k. (not inc. speaker system - any advice on that?)
I would really appreciate any advice to let me know if what im proposing is a decent idea. Im not the most tech-savvy(im sure you guessed) so if you have any alternative solutions, please do let me in on it!!