Career guidance in IT

IT admirer

Solid State Member
Hey guys!

I have A+ and network + certifications and have MBA in marketing and IT. I have just started working at help desk support with a good company.... It has been just 3 months. So I just have 3 months experience in IT. I really want to use my MBA skills too but it seems its hard to get a good job so early in IT field with this kind of economy. Could you please suggest what certifications should I take so as to progress fast in IT field. I really want to be a systems/network engineer... I am also planning to study for Windows server 2012.

Thanks

There is really no way to advance quickly in the IT field. If you check most applications that are being accepted, you must have a Degree, Certs as well as a minimal of 2 years of experience. When you have people that meet those requirements applying along with you who does not, you are not going to even be considered.

Don't quote me on it and I could very well be wrong. But from experience trying to get into IT myself I can say that they really want people with experience as well as degrees. you may luck out, but the truth is if you were hiring someone would you take a chance on someone who doesn't have the experience or go with someone who does?

Thanks Mark for your reply. So what would you suggest ? what certs should I take now? I am thinking of getting MCSA windows server 2012 cert.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom