Building a pc

AUSxHIDDENBLADE

Beta member
Hi guys, I just signed up to this website to ask for help about building a pc.

I've never built a pc before, or taken one apart. I'm not the best with them, but I'm not a complete noob. Usally I would ask some of my mates irl how to do something, but sadly none of them know. I got help from a friend online, he helped me search for some parts I could use all together, so if you could tell me if it is a good build or not that would be great.

HDD:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -$62.30
or
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB 7200RPM SATA/600 16MB -$Unknown

Motherboard:
MSI B75MA-P45 B75 S-1155 M-ATX IVY -$84.45

RAM:
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB) -$72.00

CPU:
INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHZ 6MB S-1155 IVY -$289.09

PSU:
Corsair CX 600W PSU ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze, Standard. 2x 6+2pin PCIe, 6x SATA, 4x Molex -$86.62

Case:
Cooler Master CM Force 500 Midi Tower -$60.15

Windows 7 home premium x64bit - Varied from around $100-$400

So once again, I'm not sure if these are good at all.

I'm looking for a low-medium standard gaming computer, so not extremely powerfull, something in the mid to low range. My budget is around $800-$850 AU (A few cents less than US)
I want to play these games on it:

LoL
Counterstrike
Garry's mod (This one mostly)
Minecraft, and possibly Boarderlands.

So I'm not looking for one to play CoD and Halo, I got an Xbox for that :p

Would those listed parts be suitable for what I'm looking for?

Also, sorry if this is the wrong section, the site was a little confusing.

Hola and welcome! Sorry, not the PC know-it guy but I wanted to say hi ^_^

Hopefully one of the other much more knowledgeable members will chime in later =p

Yeah a little, took me a while to find the Building and hardware section (or whatever this section is called)

But I'll get used to it in time.

Okay quick update, I have this really old computer. It is a windows xp 2001. There is something wrong with the PSU, it is not functional. So that computer had no data on it what-so ever, so I decided to pull it apart.

What this 'update' is about, is would I be able to use the case? It also has a fully functional dvd burner and player. The dvd player is built in and I cannot take it out.

Would these combinations of the case, and dvd drives all work together with the parts I picked out?

Back
Top Bottom