Brand new to the site! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2019, 01:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Smile Brand new to the site!

Hello everyone! Names Dakota and am new to Techist. Little about myself, I'm 21 years old, working as an IT assistant for a company called Ruby's. Living in Utah, I enjoy anything to do outdoors and anything to do computers (and video games). I've been building computers since I was 14 and fell in love with technology far before that when I was 8 year old. Dad got me a PS2 for Christmas and that little taste of technology kick-started my choice to pursue a career in IT. Im still fairly new to networking, and starting to understand Fiber Optics a bit more, but joined this forum to hopefully expand my overall knowledge on technology! Happy to be here and to hear what people have to share! What are some of your backgrounds and interests?

Old 01-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Brand new to the site!

Welcome to the forums!

My first intro to tech was my dads' Windows 95 Compaq laptop -- We played Tiberian Sun on that way back in the day. That's what got me into IT and tech.

Now I'm a Sr. Linux systems administrator for a large US gov't defense contractor and a Linux security subject matter expert at the company.

My free time is spent an awful lot on programming (my focus this year is Python. Years past have seen web programming, php, node, and others) and on my home lab.

- iFargle.com -
Desktop || 7700k 32GB RAM 512GB 960 Pro GTX 1080 NCase M1 Ubuntu 18.04
Laptop || Thinkpad X1 Extreme 16GB RAM 512GB NVMe GTX 1050Ti Ubuntu 18.04
128GB OnePlus 6 || 64GB iPad Air 2 Battle.net: iFargle #1561 || Steam: iFargle
iFargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Wow, it's been a long time since i've played some Tiberian Sun. I actually am really good friends still with one of the lead programmers that worked for Wormwood Studios. Loved there games and was so sad to see them shut there doors a few years back!
Old 01-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

I'm also an infant to programming, I've always wanted to learn to create my own video games, as my friend at Wormwood was a huge inspiriation, any help as to where to start?

« Hello. | Hello all »