A beaten to death question

Why IT? What are you good at? What interests you? where do you live?

find material to read and projects to practice. repeat over and over.

IT because I want to forge my own path. The current career choice I have made keeps me into a very small niche. I also like the flexibility in the different diciplines that you can learn in IT. I live in the Seattle area, which besides Silicon Valley is very tech heavy, but I will be relocating in the very near future. (Mold is a bumper crop here) I understand needing to pull resources and read, read, read, but the original question was the best place to start. CompTIA+, NET+? not sure:Determined:

I want to suggest net + and mcp up front. personnally, i would only study a+ if the job i wanted required it.

what have you done with computers so far?

Mostly just built my own systems, troubleshooting OS, Desktop and Laptop R&R, I toyed a little with HTML programming and took some college, but never got past programming in DOS. So I guess the moral of the story is, not much.

support tech is prolly within your capabilities. i would search desktop support, computer support on job search sites including dice and craigslist. At least to see what they require.

ISP or web hosting companies would be prefered. Your method may vary.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I know I am going to have to start at the bottom of the food chain until I get some real world experience. Looks like Im gonna hit up the tech schools:cool:

Back
Top Bottom