Associates? minor? major?

It depends on what that bachelors is in. If it's in some kind of business management then yes, IT manager could be a possibility. Otherwise it gets increasingly difficult... A bachelor of arts in philosophy probably won't persuade anyone to hire you over the recent high school grad :tongue:

The founding fathers if they had any education at all were all classically educated in "the classics".

Considering that most Americans dont work and most that do work are poorly paid, I'd say the whole college system is a giant failure.

Why would I place my trust in a college system that has produced the largest most useless generation in human history when it is entirely built upon the legacy of yeoman farmers that never graduated from a school.

Thats why I think that whole system is corrupt and morally bankrupt.

My grandfather never went to college and was responsible for building electronic countermeasures in WW2 for ships to avoid magnetic mines.

Later he went on to a government think tank and divised fool proof counterfeit currency measures.
He also is the inventor of the industry standard diamond cutter in the luxury diamond industry.

Another family friend now 93...built nuclear bombs. Never went to college.

All of a sudden everything demands a college degree...college is now more expensive than ever.

The economy sucks.

And 130 million people out of 330million have jobs.

How did this nation of high school drop outs beat the NAZIS build Nuclear bombs and go to the moon but this college educated nation today can't wipe it's own ass.

That's exactly what I'd tell my boss if he demands a bacjelors...

Last edited:
The founding fathers if they had any education at all were all classically educated in "the classics".
So we're comparing education in 2014 to education in 1776? Just a reminder, people burnt women who were thought to be witches and America still had slaves.

Considering that most Americans dont work and most that do work are poorly paid, I'd say the whole college system is a giant failure.
I think this is just hearsay. Most working American's are above the poverty line, and IMO, most who aren't are holding jobs that aren't designed to hold someone above that poverty line. ie a cashier at a big box retail chain. If you don't like that, you can protest their decision and not shop there.

Why would I place my trust in a college system that has produced the largest most useless generation in human history when it is entirely built upon the legacy of yeoman farmers that never graduated from a school.
Now this is just plain wrong. My work employs almost five thousand rocket scientists that are designing reusable rockets. Heck, the next CRS launch (CRS-5 in December) they will try to land a rocket on a dart board in the middle of the ocean simply because they can. These people are far from useless, IMO they're pioneers of their industry.

Thats why I think that whole system is corrupt and morally bankrupt.
I won't argue with you on this one :tongue:

My grandfather never went to college and was responsible for building electronic countermeasures in WW2 for ships to avoid magnetic mines.

Later he went on to a government think tank and divised fool proof counterfeit currency measures.
He also is the inventor of the industry standard diamond cutter in the luxury diamond industry.

Another family friend now 93...built nuclear bombs. Never went to college.

All of a sudden everything demands a college degree...college is now more expensive than ever.
Again, comparing a nation 50+ years ago to one today. Not really a fair comparison. And your family friends are anedcotal evidence at best. What's one or two people out of millions? A statistical insignificance at best.

The economy sucks.
Won't argue with you on this one :tongue:

And 130 million people out of 330million have jobs.
So 200 million people are unemployed? Where are you getting these numbers? The working pool of American citizens is in reality smaller than 330 million simply because of age and ability (mental or physical handicaps). As of 2012, the US's employment to population ratio was 67.2%. So you cut out ~130 million who aren't employable. Out of the remaining, Google says the US has an unemployment rate of 6% Let's double that for kicks and giggles. That means roughly 200 million are employed out of a total 220 million in the employable population pool. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from here.

How did this nation of high school drop outs beat the NAZIS build Nuclear bombs and go to the moon but this college educated nation today can't wipe it's own ass.
That isn't a fair comparison either. Again, you're comparing an economic state from the 1940's to that of today, along with a less complicated employment environment. We have progressed at an astronomical rate since then. Computing, rocketry, electrical engineering, etc.

Nearly everyone employed in the Manhattan Project some kind of degree, BTW.
Robert Oppenheimer, Leslie Groves, Katherine Oppenheimer, Maria Geopert Meyer, just to name a few.

That's exactly what I'd tell my boss if he demands a bacjelors...
How old are you? You sound sour and bitter at something I just can't quite put my finger on........ :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom