Zen Key An All Purpose Application Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Zen Key An All Purpose Application Manager

It's sometimes a little feature that is enough to make me download and install a software. It happened with the Zen Key software today that the feature to iconize program windows on the desktop caught my attention. It is not only possible to replace windows with icons on the desktop but to display their process information as well.
I did feel a little bit overwhelmed by the plethora of options and settings of the application. It too almost 15 minutes before I thought that I had seen all of the functions of the program.
Zen Key is an application manager that can launch, manage and manipulate applications. Most of its features can be executed with a few keystrokes. Alt Space opens the Zen Key menu by default which puts everything at your fingertips.

zen key

Zen Key, among other things offers the following features:
  • Work and play on an Infinite desktop (almost)
  • Launch a program or a file
  • Control program windows
  • Automatically make windows transparent
  • Iconify windows
  • Open folders
  • Control Media Applications
  • Open Websites, perform an Internet search
  • Issue a Windows System command
  • Simulate a series of keystrokes
Zen Key uses only 6 Megabytes of memory when running which is really astonishing. Two windows had been iconified and the virtual desktop was displayed when I checked the memory usage.
The major problem that users might have with Zen Key is that it is quite complex and takes a while to get just to. It does add a few nice features that seem pretty unique to me though and that alone makes it a program that is worth that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom