Zattoo available in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Germans rejoice. The Internet TV client Zattoo can now be downloaded by German users to watch 21 TV stations using their computer. There are no information about payment at this moment and it is possible to download and run the client without reading anything about costs and payment. So, you can download and run it for free at the moment.
The following channels are currently available: Comedy Central, Das Vierte, DMAX, DSF, Entertainment Channel, Giga, MTV, Nick, Tier TV, TV Gusto, Viva, Al Jazeera English, Canal 24, CNN International, France 24 English, Luxe, SF, Sumo, Telezüri, The Poker Channel and TVE. A few channels are not available although they have been available during the private beta. Channels like ARD, ZDF or BBC would be a welcome addition but there are currently no information if they will be made available at a later date.

The image quality is slightly better than that of those Asian Internet TV Clients such as TVUPlayer or TVAnts. It is not perfect in any aspect and artifacts are clearly visible when doubling the size of the output window. The Fullscreen mode is available as well and looking fine enough. It is for instance possible to read the writings on screen.
I would say that the image quality is fine if you consider that Zattoo is streaming live content from those tv stations unlike Joost or Bablegum who only stream prerecorded shows.
The Zattoo client is available for Windows, Mac and Linux which is also not that usual. I'm not sure if users from other countries can also download and use Zattoo at the moment. The Swiss can do it I think but everyone else ? Let me know please.
Read More:

Zattoo Homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom