IS your comp too LOUD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing you could do, albiet it might make your system hotter, is to slow your system fans down. If they are 12v fans you could feed them 5v instead. Most brands will still run, but at much slower speeds. Less motion less noise, but also less cooling so be careful which fans you do this to! Case fans and PSU fans usually fall under this catagory.

Another tip for quieter case fans is to lessen the amount of blockage from grills/plates next to the fans. The more holes a fan has to push/pull air thru the more noise the fans will make. (at top speeds)

Buying a hard drive that uses fluid bearings instead of ball bearings will also quiet down the noise levels of your rig.

also, adding neon lights to a system will NOT reduce noise levels *rolls eyes*

ALL I got today

Alright, no laughing at this trick ... put a towel on the wall right behind the case ... seriously :) I heard this on some tech show years ago and tried it. It really does work. Kind of like fabric on the walls at opera houses for better acoustics :) Cheapest fix I've ever done ;)

negatory, cold cathodes actually add more heat to your case, not as much as regular lights, but it does add heat. The case fans make the noise pretty much, you can buy those rubber gasket like things to try to quiet it down, but they won't help. I have 4 case fans so it's noisyish.. my hsf makes it hard to sleep, but.. as long as it's cool =/

Another Quistion

I got a quistion about keeping pcs quiet. My hardisk is making a lot of noise when it's in it's bracket, but when I take it out it is alot quieter. I want to make it much quieter but I don't know how without restricting cooling.

Any ideas?

Yon said:
To make the computer "able to sleep around" turn it off. Simple as.

aghh you could do that, but then you would'nt be able to wake to a quality batch of p0rn that's been downloading all night..lol. j/k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom