You can download more than 2 things in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
"You may be getting less than you have coming to you when you download in Internet Explorer. For some reason, IE limits you by default to two simultaneous downloads (crazy, I know especially if you have a high-speed Internet connection). To increase the number of IE download streams in Windows XP, first click Start -> Run, type regedit, and press <Enter> to open Windows' Registry. In the left pane, navigate to the following key (Rigstry-speak for folder): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings.
For safety's safe, buck up this key before you proceed: Right-click it and select Export; then choose the folder that you store your backups in, give the file a name like 'IE Registry Backup', and click Save. Now you're ready to start tinkering with the Registry settings. Choose Edit -> New -> DWORD Value, type MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server=Dword:0000000a, and press <Enter>. Right-click the new entry, choose Modify, check the Decimal radio button, enter 10 under 'Value data', and click OK. Repeat these steps to create a DWORD Value in the same key named MaxConnectionsPerServer=Dword:0000000a with the same settings as the first one you created, and close the registry."

I haven't tested this myself (yet) but I was reading pcworld magazine and thought someone might have a need for this. I know I sure do, it pisses me off that I'm limited to 2 downloads, but whatever.

You are absolutely correct. If you are not familiar with the registry, you can always open another instance of IE, goto the same site and get 2 more download sessions.

How would you change this with Win2kpro? My registry doesn't show "MaxConnectionsPerServer=Dword:0000000a" so i didn't put in the new key. There's nothing there relating to maxconnections that i've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom