Windows XP Aero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Windows XP Aero

One of the most talked design changes - or additions - in Windows Vista is Windows Aero. Microsoft calls it a more dynamic user-interface system compared to the basic interface system known from Windows XP. Windows Aero is actually a set of interface enhancements in Windows Vista. One of these is called Windows Aero Glass. Glass adds translucency to all windows of the operating system.
This Windows Aero Glass feature is now available in Windows XP thanks to Fast Aero. Fast Aero, a portable software, is a work in progress with the ultimate goal to provide the Aero Glass feature for all Windows XP users. The current version of Fast Aero provides the Glass effect on most - if not all - windows that are open in Windows XP. Please keep in mind that only new windows will display the Windows Aero Glass effect. Some can be minimized and maximized again while others need to be closed and reopened.
The default language of the software is Polish but it can easily be changed in the config.ini to English so that the language line looks like this: language=english. The only options provided by the interface are to enable or disable the blur effect. Version 1.3 which is supposed to come out in December will offer additional features like finetuning the blur intensity and refresh interval.

The Windows XP Aero Glass effect looks pretty solid in this version. Users who like to add some special bling to their operating system will surely love Fast Aero. Other users might feel that its resource usage does not justify the visual gain. It comes down to personal choice and preference in the end.

Wow that's awesome! Better than TrueTransparency!

Aero was one of the two reasons I started using Vista Ultimate.. that and DX 10.. but I'm not formatting to go back to XP;)

I have a question for you osiris ?
I design my own window blinds skins for my computer, if I were to use fast aero with windows blinds would that cause a conflict between the 2 programs making one of them shut down ?
I know how to do metallic, metal and and some glass effects on my skins but what else does this program offer to xp rather then changing it to glass and no complete restyle of xp ?
Pretty much I don't like xp original theme or it's start button that's why I make own skins since 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom