A Windows Run Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
If you thought that this is going to be another article about Launchy you thought wrong. This time it is a freeware that may replace the Windows Run Function. Executor adds numerous features to the run dialog but keeps the handling as easy as possible at the same time.
The run command in the start menu is not touched at all but you can hijack the run shortcut Windows R if you like or use the defined Windows Z for opening Executor. It offers the complete features of the natural run implementation of Windows and adds many features to it.
executor.jpg
It is possible to launch applications using shortcuts. In the example on the left I'm able to start my burning suite Nero by typing in nero. Executor may scan the startmenu and add all applications listed there as a keyword so that you can access them by typing such keywords.
It is always possible to alter keywords and add new keywords to start programs to it. This can be done by manually editing the keywords list or by dragging and dropping a file or shortcut into the program interface.
It is furthermore possible to open an Internet address or perform defined actions such as searches on Wikipedia. Dozens of defined keywords exist for this already.
Shortcuts to folders can also be created. Simply add the path to the folder and a keyword to Executor. Whenever you type the keyword and hit return the folder will be opened.
Multiple commands are supported. You could for instance do the following which opens Photoshop, the Deviantart homepage and Winamp. Photoshop || deviantART: where ART meets application! || Winamp
Several fixed commands are integrated. The commands ?shutdown, ?restart, ?lock for instance open the shutdown dialog, the restart dialog or lock the computer.
This is really the run feature that Windows should have had from the very beginning. There are simply to many features to list them all here. I absolutely recommend this free software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom