Windows 7 compatibility Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
This is a good thing to have when testing the Beta for Win 7.

Since I have been testing Win 7 (I love the new features) I put it on a few machines one of them being an older machine the meets the basic requirments for Win 7.

One problem I was having was driver issues and no surprise there because same thing with Vista.

But if you want to try and force some older drivers you can use the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" mode in the right click menu.

Just right click the EXE that contains the drivers and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility", if you have an autorun manufacturer cd you have to right click the cd in my computer and select "open" then find the setup.exe and right click that and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and then select "This worked on an older version of windows but not on this one" and then the next tab will take you to an older OS choice (Vista,XP,98SE etc.) then choose the version that it worked in last. then it will start the installer automaticly using these settings and your success rate with driver compatibility will improve. wait to respond to the dialog on "did this work?" until after your driver is finished installing.

If anyone wishes to add to this feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom