WEI Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
WEI Share is an application for sharing your Windows Experience Index (WEI) scores from Windows 7 with others in the community. The data can be explored so finding the best scoring driver for your hardware is fast and easy. It was developed with Azure, WPF, and Silverlight.
The Windows Experience Index (link) measures the capability of your Windows 7 PC through a set of diagnostics tests. The higher the score, the better your hardware. In the test, 5 subscores are given for these hardware categories; Processor, Memory, Graphics, Gaming Graphics, Hard drive. Your overall WEI score is the lowest of these five: a computer is only as good as its weakest link.
WEI Share Features:
See the score a specific model PC or driver gets.
Post your machine's score to your Facebook wall for bragging rights.
Scores can change depending on driver efficiency. WEI Share can tell you the score that each driver gets in configurations closest to yours.
Find out how many touch points (min/max) a particular multitouch PC can get (depending on driver).

WEI Share

Just like you could in Vista you can change the numbers listed. As proof, i have done it myself to show how useless this rating system is.

334t0dx.jpg

28s2e5l.jpg

No way that my system with an older Phenom II x2 545 @ 3GHz, an 8800GTS and some older 1.5GB/s SATA HDD's are going to get the max score. So dont trust this information.

Also, I think it's kinda silly to give the overall rating on only the slowest component.
Usually it's the hard drive (most people don't have an SSD), which really doesn't say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom