Website Caching Enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Website Caching Enabled

Website Caching is a technique to reduce the server load by sending visitors of the website static pages instead of dynamic ones. A normal request would query the database of the website and run all the commands references in the php files. That's usually not a huge problem unless your website gets hit by a storm of visitors, say a link from a very popular website.
Many websites go down if visitors reach a critical level. It has also happened in the past that the webhosting company decided to disable the website because of the massive traffic. Yes, that has happened to Ghacks as well in the past.
Caching can help to reduce the load which means that the server or host can serve additional visitors. It can also decrease page load times which is the obvious benefit for visitors. I decided to give the Wordpress plugin Super Cache a try. It is basically the most advanced caching plugin for Wordpress. Installation was a big difficulty because of server permissions that had to be changed to run the script properly.
The script is now working properly and I could not discover any errors or problems so far. It would be nice if you would let me know if you encounter any errors on my website so that I can fix them asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom