Watch Real-Time Air Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
A friend of mine asked me recently if I knew that it was possible to view real-time air traffic in Google Earth. I had to admit that I never heard about this before, the only thing that came close to it was the website where users could listen to live air traffic communications. He send me the link to the website which offered this service and told me that he was currently tracking a flight of a friend who was vising New Zealand.
I obviously had to download had to download Google Earth to test this application but after that everything went on smoothly. Users have four options which are all accessible from the main page. The first is to load an hourly snapshot of all active flights (over the United States) into Google Earth, the second to load the latest flight incidents into the software, the third to view the live inbound traffic of a selected airport and the last to track a specific flight of an airline that is available.
realtime_air_traffic.jpg

I do not have that much experience with Google Earth but was not it possible to get into some sort of 3D mode in there ?

Watch Real-Time Air Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom