Video Thumbnails Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Video Thumbnails Maker

Video Thumbnails Maker is a sophisticated tool to create thumbnails of videos. It supports a wide range of video formats including but not limited to the popular avi, wmv, mpg, rm, rmvb, flv and mov but also exotic formats like vob, 3gp and mkv. The only requirement is that an appropriate codec is installed on the system to play those files.
This can be checked easily by trying to play the video with Windows Media Player or any other media player that does not use binary codecs. Five output sets are available that define all sorts of parameters like the number of thumbnails per row, the background color and the width and / or height of the thumbnails.
Everything in there can be changed and there is much to explore including several options that I have not mentioned.

Several videos can be added to the program queue by either selecting a folder or files from the system. Two output settings exist. The first creates an image for every thumbnail while the second combines all thumbnails into an image.

The creation process itself is fast and works flawlessly as long as a supported codec is installed. I ran into a bit of problems with several video files because I use SMPlayer as my main video player which uses binary codecs that other applications cannot use. This meant that I received quite a few “failed” messages because of missing codecs.
Installing the codec would naturally resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom