Very BAD TIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have win xp and mandrake on one hardrive and wonder if someone could help with the dual boot option.Ho do I make win xp the main os when the dual boot menu comes up on startup.thanks Pat S.

mcgl0re1 said:
I have two seperate Windows XP pros. One is set up for games and the other is set up for normal running. I also have mandrake Linux, but I have not got it figured out very well yet.

That's a good idea...especially with all the viruses around in Windows. Just today, I had some work to do, and something odd happened. I could type, get the computer to respond to me, but I couldn't move the mouse, which meant I couldn't log on! (because I use a custom log on, I can't do the ctrl+alt+dlt thing to get the text logon). I rebooted (with the button, of course) and then the mouse was fine but the keyboard wasn't working! I figured it was a virus, but I had some important work already on the drive, and I don't have any bootable virus scanning media. Finally, I left it, came back and it let me in for some reason :)confused: )

I think I may set that up next time I reformat (which is an annual process for me, as I bog down my system WAY too much, and it's easier to backup a few folders then to delete thousands of them), along with a third partition for RH 9 (I liked it better then SuSE, which I now have).

Ok ! i tell you one thing that you guys are of the very fearful type. i tell you one thing. i run on dual boot with xp and linux on the slowest and oldest machine ever used on earth. have had 3 crashes. installed linux again and again around 7 times now. each time diferent flavours. HE!HE!HE!

Just a note to mcgl0re1 , I currently triple 98 SE ,XP home and mandrake 9.1 and all work great.

My 2 cents is this.....

There are ton loads of information on installing linux (for each distribution).

I advise anyone and everyone to read or even just scan though the installation guides. You may be surprised what you come you learn.

Advisingly Yours,
Nastrodamus

Yes, but will microsoft cause the Earth to end in a firey WWIII cataclysm as it was foretold by your cousin Nostradamus?

I shivered when I saw footage of our troops using mschat in combat, communicating w/ commanders using silly low graphic built in avatars.

Seriously though, thanks for the reference.

Allright, So Where is the BEST resource for installing Linux so that once im done with it, I can still use my HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom