Useful Amazon Power Shopper Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Kevin published a great top ten list of Amazon Power Shopper Tools at Lifehacker which is a great list of services that can save lots of time and money. I want to take a closer look at four of the ten services that have been mentioned in the article. These four are in my opinion the essential ones, the services that can save you the most, money and time wise.
Lets start with Amazon Filler Items. Shipping is not always free at Amazon and it is really awful if you miss free shipping because of a few cents. The amount that qualifies for free shipping is $25 and it would make sense to purchase another smaller item to take that hurdle and qualify for free shipping. Filler Item is a online service that finds a product for you so that you can reach that mark. Enter the price that you need to reach the $25 that qualifies for free shipping, say $0.99, pick a category and Filler Items displays all hits for you. Just add one item to the shopping cart and enjoy the free shipping benefits.
Refund Please is the next service in line. Amazon guarantees a refund if the price of an item drops in the first 30 days after the purchase. Keeping track on the prices manually is quite some work and that's why Refund Please is so comfortable. Add an item and your email address and you will be notified if the price drops in that period that qualifies for the refund.
Buy It later is the third service that I would like to introduce. It's an extension for Firefox or Flock that informs the user when a price of an item drops or when it comes back in stock. Useful for purchases of hard to get items or if you have a limit for a purchase.
The last service is called Jungle Crazy which finds products that are at least 70% off the original price. The problem is that I checked the website and it's spilling out sql errors all over the place. Could be a problem because of the traffic increase due to the Lifehacker article. Should return back to normal in a few days.
Do you use other services or tools when you purchase items at Amazon ? One additional service that I use is the Coupon Code list at Retailmenot.

Useful Amazon Power Shopper Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom