Use Gmail as a drive in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Google increased the storage limit for Gmail users just recently who have now roughly four Gigabytes at their disposal with the option to add even more storage that can be purchased in the account settings. The maximum amount is currently 400 Gigabytes of storage which would cost $500 per year.
Most users will probably be happy with the four Gigabytes and can use a small software called GMail Drive to add the Gmail storage as a drive in Windows. To do that the user needs to install GMail Drive and enter his login details when clicking on the new drive letter. I suggest to save this information unless you want to enter the username and password everytime you want to access the drive.
I mainly use it to backup important data, not as my primary backup location but a secondary one. All files that are stored on the drive are accessible on the Gmail website as well which means it is also possible to store files that you work with on different computers.
Read More:
Gmail Drive

I have been doing this for so long. I have about 2 dozen versions of Longhonr uploaded to GDrive, alogn with several Whistler builds as well. Not to mention the other things i have used it for.

Well someone has updated this. There is a Beta version 1.0.116 out there right now. But it is best to stick with Version 1.0.11 or whatever the laest build this one points to.

Wow, this looks awesome. Great for off-site backups, as mentioned above.

I'm going to check this out as soon as I get home.

Edit:
Anyone know how much memory this drive program takes up? I hate having programs running in the background...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom