Updatestar check if Software Updates are available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Updatestar seems to be the most comprehensive software to scan your system for installed applications and check whether updates for those found are available. I did try several similar applications like Secunia Personal Software Inspector in the past but was somewhat disappointed by the small amount of softwares that could be detected.
Updatestar us currently able to detect more than 80000 softwares (Secunia detected 4000). The scan on my system took less than a minute and detected 115 installed applications which is way more than the other softwares were able to detect. Thirteen updates were found for the 115 installed applications. Those 115 are still not all the softwares that are installed on my system. For instance, all those softwares that don't require an installation at all have not been detected.

The product list lists all installed softwares that have been found with information about the installed version, the current version, news and a download link. If you left-click an entry you will see a detailed description of the product below the product list with additional information such as publisher, a possibility to uninstall the software and a link to the website of the software.
Updatestar is by far the most complete program in the category of softwares that automatically scan your system and check for updates on the Internet. It is by no means perfect but since this is a beta it could very well improve in the coming months.
Read More:
Updatestar
via Genbeta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom