Unleash the voyeur within with Flickrvision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Description: Flickvision is a web site that displays pictures being uploaded to Flickr and the location they are being uploaded from on a map of the world in real time.
It's been just over a week since I wrote about Fotoree, a recommendation engine that makes it easy to find images you like on Flickr, and I thought I would follow that posting up with this one. Flickvision is a very simple concept: a map of the world is displayed on-which tooltips appear showing images that were just uploaded to Flickr and pointing to the geographic location on the map that this event took place. Each photo is displayed for about 3 seconds before moving to the next one, and if you click on the name of the Flickr user and you will be taken to that person's page on Flickr (where you can also see/download the image).

There are two versions of Flickrvision; a 3D rotating globe or a “classic” view that uses a 2D Google maps style representation of the world. You can view the 3D globe fullscreen as well as rotate it and or zoom in and out, which is very cool, but believe it or not I kind of prefer the 2D version.
There isn't really any practical use to this aside from the mere voyeristic pleasure of observing the pictures that random people from all over the world are taking and uploading, but I found that interesting enough in itself to want to mention it here. Check it out for yourself.

Unleash the voyeur within with Flickrvision Review & Download Link | freewaregenius.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom