Twitter Monitor Monitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Twitter Monitor Monitter

Am I the only one who is getting enough of those third party Twitter Api services that all use (i)tter in their domain name? Despite it's pretty silly name Monitter, which apparently stands for Monitor Twitter, offers an interesting service.
Users can enter up to three terms in the three columned main interface which from then on will be monitored by the service. When a user on Twitter uses the phrase it will be shown in one of the columns as well. The updates pretty much appear in real time on the website.
The most interesting aspect of Monitter is however the area filter. You can specify to only receive updates if the sender is located a maximum x kilometers from your location. That's great if you want to catch up on local news, say New York only.

The interface looks pretty slick as well and users can download a widget for their website to display the results there. RSS News Feeds are available as well for any term entered. I guess this service could be of use if you use Twitter regularly or want to be up to date about a specific topic and region in the world, say earthquakes, floods or wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom