TVU Player Internet TV revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
It has been a long time ago since I last reviewed the TVU Player, a popular software that streams TV to your computer, most call it Internet TV. I decided to download the latest version and see what has changed since my last review and I can promise you that some of the changes are really exciting.
The new TVU Player interface hosts more information than the previous one. A remarkable change is the language and topics bar at the top which filters channels by their language or topic. If you only want to view English channels for instance you click the English button and only those are displayed.
The same principle works for topics such as Sports or News. The right pane hosts messages, reviews and the tv guide which is probably the most useful of the three. You can select your timezone and get information about upcoming shows on the tv station that you are watching.
On the downside advertisements have been added during load times and in the sidebar that holds the tv guide. The most important aspect of a Internet TV client is the availability of tv shows and stations. TVU Player is still primarily a client for Sports fans. You can still watch most major sports events including soccer, football and basketball live.
I was not able to find many other tv stations wort watching, most of them are Chinese and I do not speak Chinese. So, my conclusion would be that it is still an excellent tv client if you are a sports fan.

TVU Player Internet TV revisited - www.Tech-Dump.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom