Transfer Word Program from desktop to laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug R

Baseband Member
I wiped-out my Word Program/Spell Checker ability when I cleaned the hard drive. XP doesn't include the Word or Spell Checker, of course I didn't know that before cleaning all information off the hard drive! Since I bought the laptop off eBay and it didn't include any Restore Disc, I'm now stuck with spending $100 plus tax to buy the Word Program to reinstall! Dell no longer supplies a replacement Restore Disc. Is there any way to just transfer the Word Program from the desktop PC to the Laptop? I'm open to any suggestion to save spending money unnecessarily.

You can download a great freeware program called OpenOffice. It opens and save Office-compatable files and it is completely free of charge. You can download OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org .

-Dan The Man

Thanks guys,
I was about 7 hours into the openoffice download when I became disconnected from the internet. Now I can't get back into either one of the web sites? This may have to wait until I return next weekend from my out--of-town construction job. Maybe I'll just order a CD from openoffice rather than do the 7 hours download via my cell phone while I'm away from home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom