Test my PC Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Is your computer secure ? Is the firewall that you have installed working properly ? Those questions are rather hard to answer even for users with lots of PC experience. Many users simply use the Windows Firewall and think their computer is secure because most experts say that you do need a firewall but do not make any recommendations and it they recommend a firewall they are often biased.

Test My PC Security
is a website that is offering several Firewall and Host Intrusion Prevention System Leak Tests that test the local firewall. The interesting aspect of this website is however that you can view test results online. And with test results I do not mean your own but those of other users. It does contain a ranking for Windows XP and Windows Vista with the Firewall that passed most (or even all) tests on the top and those that did not do that well at the bottom.
Ratings range from Excellent to Unacceptable with Comodo Firewall receiving the only Excellent rating. Comodo on the other hand seems to be the company that created the Test My PC Security website. I don't think that they are cheating openly about the results but it could be that they designed the tests that way that their firewall would do very well. Now, I'm not an expert on the topic and it just seems a little bit strange, that is all I have to say.

Test my PC Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom