TeacherTube learn while watching videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Specialized Youtube clones are appearing every day. Some are relatively weak while some offer videos targeted only at a certain niche that is grateful for not having to search Youtube for the videos that they would like to watch. TeacherTube is one of the better Youtube clones. It concentrates solely on the teaching aspect of videos which means that you will only find videos on TeacherTube that “teach something” to the viewer.
teachertube.jpg
This targeted concept is working pretty well I think. Teachertube already got quite a big userbase who are uploading several videos every minute to the website.
You do find lots of interesting categories at TeacherTube some specially designed to suit the needs of a certain age group, others dealing with a subject like math, social sciences or sciences.
Several ways to interact with the community are used. You can vote for videos, comment on them, add them to your favorites or use tags to find new videos. It is also possible to embed videos in your own website which is the same feature that Youtube offers.
I did a search for computer and decided to list the first five results on this page to give you a better understanding of what you will find at Teachertube. Here we go:
  • 3D Modeling & Animation for Children
  • A Bit of PC Animation History - 1985
  • Animation with Flash MX2004 - ani. masking
  • Basic Computer Components
  • Basic Computer Troubleshooting
This sounds pretty interesting to me, I would probably watch all of them except the Flash MX2004 one because I do not use this program at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom