Tab Explorer

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
For those of us who can never seem to get enough of Tabbed anything. From tabbed browser to working within Windows Explorer now comes Tab Explorer.

TabExplorer 1.2.2.0 free download - Software reviews, downloads, news, free trials, freeware and full commercial software - Downloadcrew

TabExplorer provides a quick and easy way to add tabs to Windows Explorer.

Launch the program for the first time and the TabExplorer wizard will appear. Click "Enable Tab Explorer", launch Explorer and you'll see a single tab top-left of the Explorer window, representing the current folder.

Click the button to the right of that first tab and a second one will open. Select that one, and you can browse to some other commonly used location on your PC. Repeat the process to add as many other tabs as you need, then you can switch between them with a click.

If you need more control, right-click any of the tabs for options to clone, pin, rename or close them, as well as some handy bonus tools. You can set your Explorer window to be "always on top", adjust its transparency, open a command window, copy the current folder name to the clipboard, and more.

And it's also worth exploring the initial Wizard screen for other useful options. You can have TabExplorer load when Windows starts, for instance, avoiding the wizard altogether. Or you can set the program up to run in Portable mode, where it saves its settings in a file, rather than the Registry, enabling TabExplorer to run from a USB key.

Verdict:
TabExplorer provides a painless and straightforward way to add tabs to Windows Explorer, and the way it works means the program is most unlikely to interfere with anything else on your PC

I have it installed and I must say, it is very nice and efficient. Makes working within multiple windows a breeze.

Click the link to find out?!? I mean after all you have to go there to download right....

Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 7 (32 bit), Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows Vista (32 bit), Windows Vista (64 bit), Windows XP

Yes it is compatible with XP.

Nice find K. Although I am quite happy with my start menu search function in 7 to find something however this would be quicker. If ever soo slightly lol. Still I'll probably use it then review it myself at some point.

Back
Top Bottom