SpeedyMarks - A barebone start page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
If you don't really have use for elaborate start pages like Netvibes, but you need more than the simple home page option in browsers, you could take a look at SpeedyMarks, a service probably inspired by the Opera speed dial function and the iPhone interface.
You simply add your favorite pages and it lists them for you, with a preview as well, so you can easily find what you're looking for. You can customize the background to a number of colors, and you can also choose between large and small preview sized. That's about all the options you get though.
I find that this service works best if you only have up to 14-15 sites, so that you can fit it all on one page. I have a widescreen laptop, so I can cram about 21 pages in there, so that seems like plenty, but I wouldn't want to manage 100+ with this interface.
There is no login or signup, so it seems it works purely with cookies, which is good, because you don't have to log in, but bad because if you delete your cookie you will have to re-customize. This is not great, it would be nice to have the cookies, but a sign in feature as well.
Overall I like it, but a drag and drop interface is greatly missed, and so is the signup feature, let's keep our fingers crossed.

SpeedyMarks - A barebone start page :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom